THE "CYLERT-INDUCED" AUTOMATIC DRAWING.....OR, WAS THE NEWLY-OBSESSIVE DRAWING A RESULTANT OF MY NEWLY REORGANIZED BRAIN CHEMISTRY?





One, of the many black and grey drawings/paintings that I did...meticulously...., while abed, in Amsterdam, during my recovery from a butane gas-induced coma......I was bathing in a rather closed and windowless bathroom in Soest....The pilot light went out when I turned 'off' the hot water supply... and odorless gas filled the room, inducing 'sleep'....then coma as the room temperature dropped about 30 degrees.....Fortunately, one of the friends that I was visiting, an Internist, arrived and removed the self-locking steel door to the room...as 'good'  luck would have it.....and called for  an ambulance, that delivered me to an Emergency Room, where I was delivered oxygen and then-experimental 'brain drug',  Cylert.....which I took, daily, for months afterwards, even being aware that the drug, itselt, had the potential to eliminate me, since I had lived through mononucleosis, as a youth, and hepatitus,  just a year earlier.......These wild, highly detailed, drawings emerged from my head, with little 'conscious processing' and I drew, with pens, pencils crayons,  for 10-15 hours a day.....then, mysteriosly, stopped.....cold, never returning to this 'Style'.....subsequenttly, giving up painting and drawing...almost completely..... and began to write and write and write......I'm planning, once more,  to utilize the bits and pieces of these old, deteriorating drawings and paintings as illustrations to accompany chapter titles in a current project......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVITALIZED UNCOMPLETED DRAWING FROM AN ABANDONED SKETCHBOOK.....CIRCA 1972.......

BODY SHAVING.....Avidyā.....with SHAMING, through the mirroring lens of Conceit and Narcissistic Self-Obsessiveness